In the world of business, customer service if of the utmost importance. In these highly competitive global markets, customers have come to expect top-notch customer service and the state of customer service in your company can make or break your company. If your business is in a thriving city like Los Angeles, you can divert customers to your company and create loyal customers by providing excellent customer service.
Tips for great customer service in Los Angles
- Identify customers’ needs – The best way to provide excellent customer service is by asking your customers probing questions to understand what they truly need. Understand verbal and non-verbal cues to tailor your customer service activities.
- Improve body language – Have a friendly attitude towards customers and you need to come off as friendly and open. Always wear a smile on your face, make eye contact and be cheerful.
- Be honest – Customers these days are smart and they know that every product will have some flaw. Know your product well and be honest about its flaws. Don’t try to exaggerate its benefits. Customers will trust you more if you are completely honest.
- Be quick – Attention spans are shortening and most people do not have the patience to endure long waits any more. Do not keep customers waiting. Respond to them as quickly as possible and assure them even if you do not have a concrete solution.
- Never retaliate – Even when customers are really angry, do not retaliate. Be as calm as possible and if you cannot get a word through, wait for the customer to calm down before handling their problems.
- Every customer is different – Your customer service will improve if you are able to understand that every customer is different.