In most cases, your dream job is just a resume and vacancy away. A resume is everything that a company in Los Angeles or any other part of the world should know about you and is the only chance you have to get your foot in the door. It is for this reason that there is no scope for any mistakes in a resume. A good resume is the difference between a job search and having a job.
Avoid these unsightly mistakes in LA
- Do not make the mistake of picking up your objective statement from a resume site or from someone else’s resume. It is the first thing that hiring managers see on your resume and you want to differentiate yourself from the others. Summarize both your interests and experience in a couple of lines in a way that truly represents who you are.
- Go over your resume multiple times and get someone to review it for you. You just cannot afford to have any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. You will not even get the chance to blame it on auto correct.
- The same goes for formatting. Make sure the flow is streamlines and consistent. And do not bother with fancy fonts.
- Do not just give a generic description of what your previous job required. Try and include instances and experiences that prove your qualities and knowledge.
- Do not include personal information like age or marital status in your resume.
Resume the most important tool for job search
All job sourcing portals and companies require a copy of your resume. It is the single most important thing when it comes to first impressions. Try and make a resume that is easy to read, flows in a proper manner and is concise. Do not add stuff that is not true. Companies do have a background check process and you cannot fool anyone.